Overdrive - Getting Started & Help
OverDrive Service Requirements
To use OverDrive Media you must:
- be a resident of Coralville, University Heights, or rural Johnson County* (not you? check out open access emedia)
- have a valid Coralville Public Library card, pin number and email address
- have access to the Internet
- have no more than $5.00 in fines
- have a compatible device - List of Compatible Devices
*E-media are purchased under a licensing agreement. This means the library pays a fee according to the size of the community it serves, and it is not allowed to lend e-books to residents outside of that community. Please see your local library for e-media lending if you are not a citizen of Coralville, University Heights, or rural Johnson County.
OverDrive Instruction Guides
Now that you have everything you need, it is time to download some eMedia. Find your device below for step by step instructions for using OverDrive.
- Android Devices [Nook Color, Tablet, HD and HD+] (pdf)
- Apple Devices [iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch] (pdf)
- Kindle and Kindle Apps (pdf)
- Nooks [Nook Classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Glowlight, and Sony Reader] (pdf)
- BlackBerry Devices are not supported*
Don't see your device? Need help getting started? Stop by the Reference Desk for assistance, or call us at 319.248.1850.
Try looking on the Overdrive Help Page
* Effective April 10, 2014, the OverDrive Media Console (OMC) mobile app for BlackBerry will no longer be available to download on BlackBerry, BlackBerry 10, and Playbook devices. BlackBerry users with the app installed prior to April 10 will be able to continue downloading eBooks and audiobooks via OMC. However, no further development or testing will be dedicated to it.