2. I understand that the Library is not responsible for the content, accuracy or validity of any information found on the Internet. I understand that some information on the Internet may be controversial or offensive. I agree to take responsibility for my use of the Internet.
3. I understand that the Library’s wireless access is not secure. Any information transmitted has the possibility of being intercepted by others without the user’s knowledge. There is also a possibility that data stored locally on a connected wireless device could be vulnerable. I understand that the Library is not responsible for the safety of my personal device or the data on it.
4. I agree to make only legal use of Library computers and/or Internet access. I recognize that unauthorized reproduction or use of material accessed on the Internet may be a criminal offense under the U.S. Copyright Act.
5. I agree to pay any repair or replacement costs of equipment or software damaged by myself or by minors for whom I am responsible.
6. I understand that the Library is not responsible for any damage to personal devices or equipment.
7. I understand that if I fail to abide by the Coralville Public Library Internet Policy, I will lose my privilege of computer use and Internet access.
Name (Please Print)
Adopted: November 1997
Revised: October 1999
Revised: January 2000
Revised: January 2006
Revised: March 2007
Revised: April 2013
Revised: July 2017