The Coralville Public Library welcomes gifts of library materials, money or real property. These gifts help enrich and improve public library resources.
1. Monetary contributions are added to the Library's Gift Fund, which is allocated by the Library Board for purchase of materials or programs outside the scope of the operating budget.
2. Gifts of money or library materials may be donated in memory or honor of a friend or relative, and are marked with a special bookplate. A Memorial and Honor Program form should be completed. The Library will assist in selection of appropriate titles for such a gift.
3. Used book donations are accepted by the Friends of the Coralville Public Library. Library staff can provide guidelines for interested donors of what materials are accepted.
4. The Library applies the same criteria for evaluating or choosing gift items as it applies to purchased material. Gifts will be withdrawn in the same manner as purchased material. The Library will not be responsible for notifying donors of withdrawal or replacement of gift items.
5. All gifts are tax deductible. A receipt for donation of materials will be provided upon request. The Library does not place a financial value on materials received. For artwork, rarities or other materials of value a gift donation form may be requested and kept on file.
6. No gifts are accepted unless given to the Library without restriction. All gifts may be utilized, sold or disposed of in the best interest of the Library. The Library reserves the right to refuse donations.
7. Monetary gifts are also accepted through the Coralville Public Library Foundation, the Coralville Public Library Golden Endowment Fund, and the Friends of the Coralville Public Library. For more information, see Appendix 4.05.01.
Adopted: November 1982
Reviewed: November 1987
Reviewed: July 1989
Revised: May 1992
Reviewed: July 1996
Reviewed: January 2000
Revised: August 2004
Reviewed: May 2009
Revised: December 2012